Thursday, June 26, 2008

Get excited!


John's coming in tomorrow...still not sure how he's getting here from the airport, but I think he wants to make it an adventure.  It also kind of looks like he has a purse and not a suitcase in that picture...


Wednesday

Apparently Hui didn't know what I was supposed to do yesterday, either, so I was just given some papers to read.  The Solar's server was down so Eric and Nick came out into the sunshine with me to read.  We were afraid of getting watered on the entire time.  Eric also decided that since the sprinkler system made no sense it was simply run by an angry man smashing buttons.

After lunch they went back to the computer lab and I decided to take my bike to downtown Bozeman.



It feels strangely Ashland-y in downtown Bozeman.



Except that Bozeman has a strange amount of Art Deco buildings.



Another school:





Then I went to the food co-op and got a snack.


Took some pictures of poppies and irises, which are blooming now (like I said, they're behind a month or two here).



I went back to lab at four thirty to take the samples out of the chamber for annealing, and accidentally lost a sample...



Oh noes!  Where is #2?!  Once again we had to use creative means to remove the sample from the bottom of the chamber, and once again Hui laughed at me...



More irises on the walk back to Roskie.  Later a group of people went to see MacBeth in the park, and I wisely brought a jacket this time.

Today (thus far)
The accelerator is still broken, which means that there is still not much for me to do but read, so that's what I'm doing.  I also put the annealed samples back in the chamber this morning, and while I was waiting on the vacuum pump to finish vacuuming I drew on the board.



Typical John and Aaron, except that maybe Aaron should look less mean and more concerned.



John getting ready to leave for Montana!  They're hanging out with some physics.



Once John left, Adam and Aaron formed a folk band.

1 comment:

John said...

The Ashland of the West, post-downtown rejuving. I'm thinking of shaving my head and getting "Jihad for Alyssa" tattooed on my forehead before I fly just to spite you for those drawings.